Sunday, April 08, 2007

April Showers

I have not written a single poem for NaPoMo. I'm just not in the mood for new writing. I have tinkered with a few revisions, but that's it. Still, I am enjoying what the NaPoMo-ers have been putting up on line. Keep it coming!

*


Call has been quiet so far. Just a couple babies and a patient with a new diagnosis of a tumor in her neck.

*


Easter yesterday was also my dad's yahrzeit (I know, I'm not Jewish, but I love that they have a word for this). It's been 23 years now. After all this time, I can't really say that I miss him anymore. I don't really even feel sad. More of just an "oh, yeah." It's hard to describe. And in just a few years, I'll be older than he was. OMG, now *that* gives me pause.

*


A patient of mine has spent his entire life designing gardens for other people. Now he has cancer and is dying. And he is finally designing a garden for himself.

3 comments:

C. Dale said...

"A patient of mine has spent his entire life designing gardens for other people. Now he has cancer and is dying. And he is finally designing a garden for himself."

That is one of the saddest and most moving things I have ever read on your blog.

A. D. said...

Second that.

You don't need to write new poems for the moment. I'm still reading What's Written.

Peter said...

C Dale: I'm moved by it, too.

AD: Nice pun. Still, I'd like to get a new poem, sometime. Perhaps this patients garden story, I don't know.