Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's been a busy month for me, with work and poetry events. But it's been fun.

Yesterday I worked a part day helping another provider at one of our Teen Health Centers. Then drove out to UW to join C Dale on a panel/roundtable discussion for the creative writing program there. We each read a couple poems, talked about balancing poetry & career, reading & editing, the writing life in general. A good group of students.

Then C Dale and I went to Piatti for a bite before his Open Books reading. Which was wonderful. I especially enjoyed "Influence" and "Sigma" and "Torn." And a new poem about "love" and "joy" that was really funny, and campy, and lighthearted, written in a very different voice.

*

Apolo won Dancing with the Stars (yay).

Now if Blake can pull through on Idol.

*

Dean and I are going to a reception for Ted Kooser and Dan Gerber tonight (they read Thursday in Seattle, but I will be at a competing reading). I sure hope the sun decides to come out and stay out. I am tired of this drizzly gray stuff! I mean, c'mon, it's almost June, people!

1 comment:

Collin Kelley said...

I think Jordin is going to win tonight on Idol. I'm not a big fan of either her or Blake, but I do have an office pool riding on Jordin's win. :)

Sounds like C. Dale's reading was great. Have fun at the Kooser reception. He was fantastic when I heard him read last year.