Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lovely Wedding/Late Fragment

Dean and I had a great time at the wedding. Lynn and Sam are a gorgeous couple: and they are both such caring and good-hearted and loving people. What a party! Cocktails and dinner and dancing into the late night. Woo-hoo! I was especially touched that Lynn's parents took the time to seek Dean and I out and thank us for being part of Lynn's life. That was so sweet.

One of the best parts of the wedding was the reading of Raymond Carver's "Late Fragment" by a friend of Sam and Lynn's. I just love this little poem, and that they included this and other poems in the ceremony:


Late Fragment

And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.



*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy Carver's poetry. There's something relaxing about him--he's down to earth, sensitive.

You know I've only been to one wedding, almost 15 years ago. Guess my friends just don't get married, or they decide to elope. The wedding sounded nice.