Monday, July 09, 2007

White House Debates Iraq Pullout

From the NY Times article this morning.

It's about time.
Pull it out George. We've all been screwed enough.

*

And in poetry news: this prize-winning German book of poems(written by an South African-born poet) sounds interesting.

"'I only started writing poetry around 1996. When I was at university I always used to laugh at these guys with their silly little poems in little books and magazines. But then my life really crash-landed when I was in Germany. . . . I discovered Raymond Carver [and] everything changed.'
" . . .In 2005 he was nominated for the DaimlerChrysler Award for Poetry; last year Tafelberg published his debut, for which he won the Eugène Marais Prize; now he’s in Holland taking part in Europe’s biggest poetry festival."

No comments: