Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Having a productive time in PT so far. I cranked out three chapters of the novel yesterday. We'll see if I can keep the momentum up today. It's cloudy and cooler, and I think it may have rained in the night.

Saw S and J briefly at lunchtime at Siren's. Then later I met up with K and G to go to the evening reading at Centrum. Barbara Sjoholm read from her memoir about traveling with a girlfriend in Spain in the 70's (when she was in her 20's), very insightful, touching, and funny. Arthur Sze read from Quipo and from new work. One long poem was in the form of the I Ching, I believe.

In between I've been reading the novel The Attack, by Yasmina Khadra. It's the story of an Arab-Israeli surgeon in Tel Aviv whose world comes crashing down after a terrorist suicide bombing. It is discovered his wife, whom he had no idea was even remotely involved with any kind of thing, is found to have been the bomber. He sets off trying to find out why she would have done this. The story is riveting.

No comments: