Saturday, October 08, 2005

Favorite wineries (so far):
Piety Flats, L'Ecole No. 41

Favorite wine:
Waterbrook Sauvignon Blanc (we bought a case of it)

Favorite wine name:
Poet's Leap

Best meal:
At Vintage Cellars Bistro: potato leak soup; field greens with cabernet vinaigrette; linguini with truffle oil, basil and garlic; pork and ham panini.

Best architecture:
Whitman College Campus. I want to go back in time and go to college here.

Best Book Store:
Whitman College Campus (they even had copies of Saying the World, Cartographer's Tongue, and The Day Underneath the Day in stock).

Favorite TV show to watch in our room at night:
"Thirty Great Things About Being Gay" (VH1). We laughed our asses off.

Favorite book to read at night:
Blue on Blue Ground, Aaron Smith's new book. (Yet another queer winning a book award. You go girl!)

5 comments:

Radish King said...

Were you able to see the Italian Heritage festival? I think it's going on all weekend. Are you home yet? Walla Walla is fun in October but hell in the summer. Literally. Ack. And, it has the added bonus of being right next door to a high security prison from which inmates routinely escape.

xxoo

p.s. Do we get to sample the wine next week?

C. Dale said...

Oh, I love that bistro. Love it. And yes, Walla Walla is like this secret find. Gorgeous place. I knew you would like it.

Peter said...

Rebecca: Yes. We een went to the prinson museum!

Charles: I like "Dark, Awful Man," and "Ars Poetica" a lot so far.

C Dale: now we need to find a good place for tonight . . . suggestions? Do you know 26Brix?

Peter said...

Rebecca: I can't spel.
ANd yes, definitley, wine tasting my place next week. Wheee!

Radish King said...

Yay! I can't wait. Now that I'm back to normal.

Hhhhhhaaaaaahahahaahahahaaaa.

xo
r

p.s. The campus is superb and gothic, isn't it? Especially the whatcha-ma-callit in the thingy-ma-bob, the aviary in the main house.

p.p.s. You can't spell and I've lost my language retrieval skills.