CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Gay City Health Project is seeking high-concept, gay-themed fiction, poetry, photography and comic art for its second, annual anthology. You do NOT have to be gay or male to submit work.
The theme for this volume is “Toward a Manifesto.” As homo and bi-sexuals become more mainstream, we are continually redefining “gay culture.” What is gay culture? If we had a manifesto of gay art, what would its products look like? Blast beyond the gay clichés. Find new truths in old manifestos. Do you have something gay-ly surrealist, queerly vorticist, or bi-sexually post-modern deconstructionist? Send it to us. Pinkly stuckist, neo-futurist, queer-core, objectivist or punk? We want to see it.
All work must address or be informed by the Gay City mission of building community, fostering communication and nurturing self-esteem. We are not looking for erotica unless it addresses the mission in a fresh, new way.
1. Send two (2) hard copies of all work (no electronic submissions).
2. Your name and contact information should not appear on the work itself, only on your coversheet, along with the title of your work. The title should appear on each page of the work.
3. Submit up to 3,500 (max) words of fiction, or up to four poems, or up to six pieces of digital art (including photographs), or up to eight pages of comic art (formatted for a 6x9 book). All submissions should be in black and white. Plain laser prints of art are fine.
4. Include an SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) for reply.
5. Please do not call to request the status of your submission.
We pay if and when funds are available, at $15/page up to a maximum payment of $75.
Contributing artists/authors also receive a complimentary copy. One piece from each discipline will also receive the “Editor’s Choice Award” of an additional $50.
Entries must be postmarked by December 1st, 2008.
GAY CITY: VOLUME TWO
511 East Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98122
To learn more about Gay City Anthologies, please visit, www.GayCity.Org or write to email@example.com.