Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Octomom--OMG this is really getting medieval.

Octuplets grandma Angela Suleman is speaking out against her increasingly kooky daughter Nadya -- the OctoMom. Her initial support for her daughter's choice to carry eight babies to term is apparently waning as new information reveals the unemployed serial mom was already on public assistance before giving birth two weeks ago.

The world got to see the precious eight this morning on The Today Show. And now we know their names: Maliah, Noah, Jonah, Isaiah, Nariah, Jeremiah, McCai and Josiah. All coming home to Elijah, 7, Amerah, 6, Joshua, 5, Aidan, 3, Calyssa, 2, and her twin brother Caleb. Biblical names for a pregnancy, birth(s) and homelife of biblical proportions.

2 comments:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Peter,

I just saw the grandma on the news and she said something like "I'm already tired of taking care of the 6."

I was at the gym and I look and on the other TV is a show called something like The Gonyas- A Dozen Kids And it was about this family who has 12 kids and how happy their life is. Anyway, I tend to think she may think this is her ticket out of the welfare life-- her life, her tv show.

I find this whole story pretty sad honestly.

I'm also one of the people who thinks about the growing world population and more kids is not necessarily better for anyone. But also, if you can't support kids (or yourself!), I honestly believe you shouldn't have them.

It's an emotionally charged case as I don't want to tell anyone how many kids they should or shouldn't have. but common sense seems to be missing from this story on many levels.

Peter said...

K: I agree, it is a very sad story.