Sunday, July 06, 2008


Wow. 6-4 6-4 6-7 6-7 9-7! Talk about epic matches. All the rain delays diluted the drama a little (or added to the drama, depending on your perspective). I am so glad Raffa won. This was one for the ages. (Now, perhaps, he can ditch the capris?)

*

In other news: my friend Susan gave me this lovely cutting from her "Rex begonia." I just love the colors of these leaves. Hopefully I can get it to root (it is just sitting in a glass of water right now) and to pot soon.

*

Worked a long time today mapping out a crown of sonnets. I am not much into form at all, so these are not going to be typical sonnets, in any way, but I love the idea. The 15th sonnet will take a line from each of the 14 (but it may not be the first line) and will be a kind of chorus of sorts. Who knows if I have a snowball's chance in hell completing this. At least for now, I am really intrigued to try.

4 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Just finished watching Rafa win. Damn, he's hot! :)

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

That was one of the best matches I have ever seen in my life, and I remember the last of the Laver days, as well as the heyday of Borg-McEnroe. Wish I'd been there.

Anne Haines said...

How amazing was that match?! There were at least half a dozen points where I shouted out loud, "No f'ing way! You did NOT just make that!" I'm so glad they managed to finish it before it got too dark, though. I would have had to call in sick to work if they'd had to finish tomorrow. :)

Peter said...

C,P, A: it was the most AMAZING match! I loved it. It reminded me of the best of the Borg-McEnroe days. Or the Navratilova-Evert or Graf-Seles days.