Thursday, August 31, 2006

Excited!

  Posted by Picasa


I received the copy-edits for What's Written on the Body in the mail yesterday. David C. does such a fantastic job! I love getting the manuscript back full of little red marks, because I know it has been gone over with a fine-tooth comb. I discovered one poem had inadvertently been left out of the "final" version I had sent in, and so had to quickly paste it back in. Yikes. A few ideas for the cover have been presented, and I like one of them a lot. It's a little like being pregnant: things are starting to show. I've got a book (baby) on board!

10 comments:

C. Dale said...

I think our books must be coming out at the same time. I just did the first pass of my galleys and answered the queries. Just waiting to do the second pass.

Anne Haines said...

Pregnancy/book analogies are all well and good, but if you start talking about mucus plugs, I'm gonna have to stop reading your blog. I'm just sayin'.

:)

Peter said...

CD: Yes we are "due" about the same time.
A: :) I'll try to control myself.

Justin Evans said...

First pass, second pass . . .

That would be lovely.

Oliver de la Paz said...

Very cool, Peter. What's the ETA in the Spring? Will it be ready in time for AWP?

Peter said...

Oliver: yes, should be ready by end of February. Fingers crossed!

sam of the ten thousand things said...

That is an amazing image.

My best with the book, Peter.

Peter said...

Thanks, Sam.
The page is from a Proust notebook, I believe.

Radish King said...

Just got mine yesterday. My word verification is ifucxw!
Om mani padme hum~

Peter said...

RK: how exciting! C'est formidable.