Thursday, April 09, 2009


This made me laugh. From the Seattle Weekly's "Uptight Seattleite:"

Dear Uptight,

Was that you power-walking in front of me in the sweatshirt that said "The divine in me blesses and honors the divine in you"? If so, the divine in me wants the divine in you to mind its own business.

Green Lake Walk-Arounder

*

Dear Walk-Arounder,

The divine in me is taken aback and wonders if the divine in you needs a hug. . . . continue reading here.


***

And in other news:
Poetry Month Showdown, Herrera vs. Kleinzahler " . . . two contemporary poets who made news last month by becoming the first-ever joint winners of a National Book Critics Circle award: the thick-mustachioed activist Juan Felipe Herrera (for Half the World in Light: New and Selected Poems) and the grumpy contrarian August Kleinzahler (for Sleeping It Off in Rapid City: Poems, New and Selected)."

*

No comments: