Saturday, February 02, 2008

January Reads

Night Train to Lisbon, Pascal Mercier * Perhaps the best way to truly understand the self, is to truly understand another.
What the Living Do, Marie Howe *
Anxious Music, April Ossman
American Spikenard, Sarah Vap
Complex Music, Tony Tost * (mostly for the fabulous cover, and the title poem)
The Insomniac Liar of Topo, Norman Dubie
Poetry, January 2008
Cascade, 2007
The Sun, January 2008 *
Raven Chronicles, #13-1 "Whimsies"
The World in Place of Itself, Bill Rasmovicz
Something Bright, Then Holes, Maggie Nelson
Embryos & Idiots, Larissa Szporluk


*recommended

2 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Yay! You're back!

Anonymous said...

I just finished Marie Howe's book -- and I agree, it's a keeper. A few of the unstarred books on your list I couldn't or wouldn't finish -- you have more stamina and tolerance than I. I liked a lot of the Tost, too.