Friday, November 12, 2010

Dean and I are totally into HBO's In Treatment again. What an amazing show! My favorite character so far is Sunil, the Bengali grandfather who is suspicious of his son's American wife. He is played by Irrfan Khan, who is a fascinating actor, and just riveting to watch. This is high quality psychological drama. Check it out.


*

Had a great time at the Band of Poets concert at Hugo House Thursday night. A great mix of poetry and music. I especially loved Jed Meyers on guitar and harmonica. Go see them the next time you get a chance.

*

I've been reading Timothy Donnelly's The Cloud Corporation. It was strongly recommended by several reviewers, including someone at the NY Times. I enjoyed his first book (27 Props . . .), but unfortunately I am just not getting this one. There's not a lot of there there. I'd call it "John Ashbery lite?" Is anyone else connecting with it?

*

No comments: