Thursday, November 03, 2005

C Wing

Catherine Wing gave a terrific reading at Open Books tonight, from her new book Enter Invisible. A standing room only crowd, including Richard Kenny, who I believe was a former professor of hers at the UW MFA program, and dozens of local poets (you know who you are!). Catherine read a good sampling of poems from the book, including some fun "Tom & Jerry" poems, a riddle on the "Nay-Word," an Abecedarian, the two Keillor poems, and more. As well as some new work. She ended the reading with a little performance piece where Cody Walker (another CW) read her hilarious poem "The Pitch" while she stood to the side and tossed off cue cards with key words from the poem written on them. What a hoot!

Dean and I didn't make it to the after-party at KF's. On call for a week starting tomorrow, and I wanted to get my sleep (I'm not getting any younger, you know).

No comments: