Sunday, March 14, 2010


Spring is early. There were two Steller's jays in the yard this morning, scratching around for food and squawking. After breakfast, Dean and I went to City People's Garden and shopped around for plants. We had our eye on a lovely Edgeworthia Chrysantha (see pic above). Also a Blood Twig Vine Maple ($277 -- yikes!). But we resisted. Instead, we came home with a flat of cool weather veggies for planting: broccoli, cauliflower, several varieties of lettuce (romaine, red leaf, green bib), mustard greens, baby bok choy, and spinach. Spent the early part of the afternoon planting. It was so nice to get my hands in the dirt. The soil was still pretty damp, but it was actually fairly warm, and full of worms! Not bad for this time in March.

*

My UW Huskies beat Cal last night to win the Pac-10 tournament and a place in the NCAA tournament. Can hardly wait to see what bracket they will be in. Let the Madness begin!

*

PS: I have watched Lady Gaga's new "Telephone" video on Vevo about three times now. My oh my that girl is in to the girl-on-girl prison scene stuff. It was hot, and naughty, and pretty heady (full of double and triple entendres, such "Plenty of Fish" and "making a sandwich" . . . HAHAHA). I loved the ending with her and Beyonce heading off into the sunset a la Thelma and Louise. Check it out:
http://www.vevo.com/watch/lady-gaga/telephone/USUV71000338

2 comments:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the link, I had wanted to see that.

I was surprisingly underwhelmed by it. It seemed so worked to be shocking and provocative, that it wasn't. I actually started to get a little bored! Though I loved it when Beyonce came in and picked her up, plus when she first started singing.

It could also be that it got so much hype that it could never live up to my expectations. Anyway, she's a force right now, I hope she continues with more of her performances like the Grammy's with Elton, that was one of my favs!

xo
Kel

Peter said...

Hi Kel:
I agree, it was a bit "worked." A little too self-conscious. And a bit of a let-down after all the hype.
I am so curious to see where she goes next, musically.