Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Dis-Union

Bush did not mention New Orleans or Katrina, not once, in his entire lame-ass speech. Not once. Not once! 17 months later and people in the South are still living in trailers, children are still on waiting lists to get back into schools, block after block in several cities and towns is abandoned and overrun with rats. The largest natural disaster in our nation's history, and our president, our doofus dumb-shit horse's ass president, has not one word of hope, one encouraging thought, one bit of additional funding to offer in his "state of the union" address? Gimme a break. If I were a New Orleanian (for instance), I'd be furious. Bush is either a total idiot, or has no sense of human compassion, or (probably) both. And don't even get me started on his dopey "surge" plan.

*

We now return you to your regular programming.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine anything more astonishing than our president's unChristian arrogance--unless it's his ignorance of the bedrock of Christianity. One of the principal messages of the New Testament that Mr. Bush seems to misunderstand (or miss) is: "I was hungry and you fed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you sheltered me." It's Jesus Christ who said, "Inasmuch as you have done it to the least of them, You have done it unto me."

Of course, I haven't liked many Republications since they decided that catsup was a vegetable.

Collin Kelley said...

If the congress had any balls they'd bring them both Bush and Cheney up on charges and send them to the world court in The Hague. At this point, I'll take impeachment.

Anonymous said...

Great rant, Peter! "Doofus dumb-shit horse's ass president" -- that bit of drum-playing will resound into my ears at least until next week. And of course I completely agree with you. Glad we don't have your leader -- except insofar as he's our leader too. Unfortunately, we have a blander, more politically astute version of the same thing -- and he may just hypnotize the public into giving him a majority next time.

Brian Campbell said...

Just testing the comments function. I'm on the new version of blogger, and couldn't seem to comment last time without signing in as anonymous and leaving my URL.

Brian Campbell said...

Worked this time. Weird glitch. Feel free to remove my tests. Don't want to get testy with you, after all.