Monday, April 18, 2011

Republican Fascists?

I love this comment from today's Huffington Post, about the fascist budget Ryan and the Republicans have passed in the house, that essentially transfers TRILLIONS of dollars from the pockets of working people and the elderly, to the coffers of business tycoons. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Then get mad as hell and protest and make it stop!

"When they came for the MediCare, I said nothing because I was not on MediCare. When they came for the Social Security, I said nothing because I am over 55. When they came for the food stamps, I said nothing because I was not on food stamps. When they came for children's aid programs, I said nothing because my kids are grown. When they came for the unions, I said nothing because I was not in a union. When they came for Women's rights, I said nothing because I am not a Woman. When they came for education, I said nothing because I had already graduated. When they came to disenfranchise minority voters, I said nothing because I'm White. When they came for the "fracking" leases, I said nothing because I didn't live in the area. When they came for another war, I said nothing because I'm not in the military. When they came for Civil Rights, I said nothing because I didn't want to be called unpatriotic. OH NO! They're coming for me! Where is everybody? Oh...............right."

 
Representative Ryan Puts the Republicans on the Record
For years people have accused the Republican Party of being the servants of the rich and powerful at the expense of the broader public. In the past, they would deny this charge and claim that they just had a different view of how the economy works. But Paul Ryan has eliminated any confusion on this point. He proposed, and last week the Republican House approved, a budget bill that will transfer tens of trillions of dollars from ordinary working people to the insurance industry, the pharmaceutical industry and generic rich people from any industry.
 


*

No comments: