Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Moral hypocrisy?

Tea party leader and Orange County GOP official Marilyn Davenport has apologized for sending out a racist image of President Obama as a baby chimp.

From Huffington Post:
According to KABC, Davenport issued a statement late Monday in which she apologized, but stopped short of addressing her future on the committee.

"I humbly apologize and ask for your forgiveness of my unwise behavior," the statement said. "I say unwise because at the time I received and forwarded the email, I didn't stop to think about the historic implications and other examples of how this could be offensive."
In the statement, Davenport also quoted the Bible and said she was "an imperfect Christian" who tried to "live a Christ-like honoring life."
"I would never do anything to intentionally harm or berate others regardless of ethnicity," she said. "I will not repeat this error."


I am not going to repost the crappy picture. Basically it shows an ape mom and dad, holding their ape child, with Obama's face pasted over it, and the caption, "this is why there is no birth certificate." How could any public official ever think this was appropriate?

Hmmmm, and the Tea Party and Birthers say they are not racist? Hmmmmm. And her apology only sounds like she is sorry for being caught. She doesn't denounce the image. Christ-like? Hardly.

*

No comments: