Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Poetry: The Movie


This looks like an interesting movie. I have heard that it might be coming to Seattle after doing well on the film festival circuit? I hope so!

The importance of seeing, seeing the world deeply, is at the heart of this quietly devastating, humanistic work from the South Korean filmmaker Lee Chang-dong. Throughout the story, the teacher, a bespectacled man with an easy manner, will guide the students as each struggles to write a single poem, searching memories and emotions for inspiration.
*

There has been quite a kerfluffle going on about Lady Gaga's new song "Born This Way," and resemblances to Madonna's "Express Yourself." Honestly, I think it is a very superficial resemblance. I didn't care for the song the first listen, but I have to say it is really growing on me! It is now officially stuck in my head. I think it's going to be a hit.

Regarding the "Express Yourself" resemblance, I love what this vlogger has done, mashing up the two songs into one (and veering off into "Jump" at the end--nice). Check it out. He can sing (and is cute to boot)!

No comments: