Monday, August 13, 2007

Dean and I sat out in the park across the street for about half an hour last night, but it was too cloudy to see anything. Damn this summer weather!

*


They are doing construction on I-5 for the next two weeks, shoring up the bridges and viaducts and elevated parts south of downtown (image of bridge collapse in Minneapolis here). There will be only two lanes open (out of 4-5 usually in use). Commuting is going to be a f***ing nightmare. Thank god I don't have to get on I-5 to go to work, but I may get spill-over. One of the detours uses the West Seattle viaduct to Fourth Ave S. We'll see.

*


Reminder: Never reach for a falling knife.

*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John and I and our son, when he was growing up, would watch the Perseids from the Hetch Hetchy dam. These were the days before terrorist fears, and although we had some worries of bears coming by, it never happened. We lay on our backs, watching for the shooting stars, most of the night. Those nights are some of my most treasured memories.